Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8th: (Prepost action)

Here are some videos of the local fauna that I thought I'd toss on the blog. They were made in Dharamshala so they are not from today, but being a somewhat uneventful day, this entry will have some extra space.



These monkeys were on the roof-tops below our balcony in Dharamshala. Notice the dog in the upper right who is very excited about them!

This eagle must have had a six + foot wing-span. You can get an idea of his size when he is visited by a crow down this wire from him.


Enjoy! I will post the day's happenings tomorrow.

Also, I found out that we are around 5500 feet above the plains (visible in previous pictures from our balcony)!

2 comments:

  1. Indian Gray Mongoose or Common Grey Mongoose

    Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Chordata
    Class: Mammalia
    Order: Carnivora
    Family: Herpestidae
    Subfamily: Herpestinae
    Genus: Herpestes
    Species: H. edwardsii

    I would post a picture but blogspot won't let me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about too much a of a good thing! That's some monkey business! I'd say the dog is out numbered.

    Couldn't open the one on eagles... darn!

    ReplyDelete